2.17.2011

2009 Garnacha de Fuego

2009 Garnacha de Fuego Old Vines

A deep purple on the pour, nothing remarkable about the look of it. The label on the bottle, on the other hand, is eye-catching and does nothing but help this good Spanish wine.

On the nose I get a deep black cherry and a kick of spice box. I like how intense the nose is, but at the same time it was still pretty smooth.

Concentrated ripe fruit on the palate: cherry and a touch of blueberry. I was surprised with the smoothness of this wine, especially for the price. In my notes I wrote 'well balanced with no hard edges, smooth start to finish, but not terribly complex.'

Rating: 88
Retail: $9
I would recommend this to anyone experimenting with reds; this is a good example of a great cheap wine that has a number of things going for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment